In 2022, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston decommissioned this piece by Georgia O’Keeffe and sold it at auction to benefit acquisitions for the museum. However, it fell short of the $6-8 million estimate of what it would bring in, selling for a mere $4.8 million.
I heard on the news the other day that Manchester United, the soccer team, was for sale. The price was in the billions. $4.5 billion? $5 billion? $8 billion? I can’t fathom numbers that high.
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the price of eggs.
Mimic the master attempt #2 — I tried to make a collage version of “A Sunflower from Maggie.”
This will not win a prize. Every time I try to collage I learn something from my frustrations.
- Glue stick is sticky, messy, and dries too quickly.
- Mod-Podge is sticky, messy, and makes the paper buckle and curl.
- Art requires infinite patience — and I’m sadly lacking.
- Art requires time — and I’m sadly lacking that too. I’m surrounded by far more important things I should be doing, but I’m stuck. So I cut up books. Sheesh.
- Prestigious artists earn their prestige. I doubt anyone just wakes up one morning and starts creating masterful art. It takes practice, time, patience, and maybe some Mod-Podge and glue sticks.
When I look at other collage-art, it’s very different from mine which makes me think I’m not doing it right.
But it’s mine.
And I like it.
12 thoughts on “A Sunflower from Maggie”
I love Sunflowers. This is sweet.
Funny. I like it.
Very good imitation! I like it!
Art is of more value to the soul than a sports team ever could be.
I love your sunflower! You’ve inspired me to try this myself.
That makes me happy! Tell me how it turns out!
I like it. With the price of greeting cards exceeding that of eggs, maybe you should make collage-cards (I’ve been looking back at some of your others) for your loved ones’ special days!
That’s how it all started — me making collages for my family!
I like it too. ❤🌻
Thanks, Donna! (ps I LOVE my little book magnets!)
What I love about art and the written word is that there is a style for every taste. Thank goodness they aren’t alike! 💞💞💞 Love your beautiful works 💞